Thursday, May 21, 2009

Commercializing Religion





As I was doing some research for my final project, I came across this video that reminded me of a discussion we had in class. I'm not sure who it was that brought up something like, "Commercializing religion to relate to a broader audience." But if you watch this video it is very prominent in it. There's the advertisements, the "infomercial" kind of feel to it. If you listen to what this guy is saying, he is actually trying to talk about defining religion and it's all hidden beneath all of the commercial aspect of it all.

3 comments:

  1. The idea of commercializing religion relates to the idea that religion is a business as well, and both concepts have a negative connotation when relating to religion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know how I feel about this guy. Religion doesnt need reasoning, this is the beauty of it.Religion requires no logic, just spiritual development.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Commercializing religion is a really interesting idea. It seems like now-a-days our society is programmed in a way that anything given to us in a "business-like, commercial" way gets to us easier. Is this what religion going to do now? Will we stop seeing restaurant ads on tv and start seeing ads for religion?

    ReplyDelete