Thursday, April 16, 2009

It's not that hard.

I've been reading some blogs and it seems that the Psalms are difficult for people to interprete but to me they aren't. I thought that I was doing something wrong. I think it's easier for anyone to relate to a foreign piece of...literature... if they somehow can relate it to their own life. There are millions of possible ways to interprete something and make it your own, but there will be one way that makes the most sense to you. I don't think it's as easy as it sounds. There are a vast amount of possible answers and such but because only one will fit, you have to weed through the others to find the right answer for yourself.


I found it much easier to relate to 'Indian Mounds' because it wasn't so 'old.' And it also reflected some of the things I thought that we ought to preserve but the Psalms is so much harder. But it is definitely not as hard as trying to interprete the Bible in Hebrew.

That is my opinion on interpretation. There are many ways to do it but you can find one way that works for yourself and if that meaning is clear to you, then you can deliver a message.

And if its really hard, try this link: http://www.theologicalstudies.citymax.com/page/page/4387690.htm

I definitely don't mean this to offend anyone. But, I feel that relating a beautiful piece of work is something that takes time and it means more when the right meaning is found.

2 comments:

  1. I found it really interesting that you had an easier time relating to the Indian Mounds because they were not as old.. which is totally true. But since the psalms get sung so often in church or whatever they often strike people as more recent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your interepration method is really helpful. I am one of those people who find it kind of difficult to interpret the Psalms. I thinks its because i am trying to find historical context, which is important, but it is more important to get the jist of the Psalm by relating it to your personal experiences.

    ReplyDelete